Petnet Smartfeeder Reviews:Cats, dogs and other pets are part of the family. And pet lovers just know how much their non-human relatives keep their food. In fact, to our beloved pets, kibble is probably there with belly wolves or outdoor walks.
However, if you work or are out of the house for most of the day, you probably just fill their bowls with food, hoping to penetrate throughout the day while eating.
This can be a problem because our pets eat differently. Some dogs and cats wolf all at once, while others eat a little of the food for them and decide to ignore it for the rest of the day. Moreover, all that food is not really healthy for our pets because they get too fat. While fat cats and dogs may be cute, it is not good for their health.
Studies have found that about 52.7% of dogs in the United States are overweight or overweight. That’s about 43.8 million unhealthy herbs!
The number is even higher in cats, where 55 million cats in the country are overweight or obese. That amount is about 58% of all cats. And obese, your pets have more risk of osteoarthritis, high blood pressure, kidney disease, cancer, lower life expectancy and a host of other conditions.
Some pet lovers have made every effort to go home every meal while others rent a dog mate. However, pet owners can be expensive and unreliable, and every day lunchtime can be stressful for you.
Fortunately, Petnet has delivered the Smart Automated Pet Feeder, allowing you to feed your cats and dogs the right amount of food at the right times.
Contents (Jump to) [hide]
- 1 Petnet Smart Automated Pet Feeder
- 2 Things that could be better
- 3 Feeders Comparison
- 4 Final thoughts on the Petnet Smart Automated Pet Feeder
Petnet Smart Automated Pet Feeder
In this Petnet Smartfeeder review,it important to know that the Petnet Smart Automated Pet Feeder is very easy to use. First of all, an A / C adapter is required, so you can just plug it in. But you do not have to worry about a power failure. Your pets are not hungry because there is a back-up lithium-ion battery. And if you’re worried about your pet chewing the cable, PetNet is a step for you: the A / C cable is chew resistant!
The device itself has a beautiful black finish and connects to your Wi-Fi network. The things you find in the box are the following:
Cover and Tire
8 feet micro USB cable
Stainless Steel Bowl Insert
The feed size is 9.20 cm wide and is 15.32 inches long. The base, with the 2-inch feed tray open, measures 15.32 inches. It’s big enough for your pets to find it, but you probably would not notice it too much.
The product comes with a limited two-year warranty, which means that you can repair, return, or replace the feeder if it shows defects in the workmanship or material.
The use of the Smart Automated Pet Feeder is easy. Download the mobile app on your phone and if it’s your first time to run the app, it’ll guide you through the boot process, like entering your pet’s details and connecting to your Wi-Fi network.
The app asks for the details of your pet, which is then used to collect some data .
You can then program your pet’s feeding times and the amount of food you want for each feed. With the Petnet feeder you have better control with serving sizes than you with other automated feeds because you can have portion sizes from 1/16 cup to 1 1/2 cups. On the other hand, other feeders have only 1 cup of serving sizes, which means that if you have a small dog, you would probably over feed it, and if you have a larger dog you should plan multiple feedings.
In addition to the serving sizes, you can also tell the Petnet Smart Feeder how fast the food is to deliver. This is very useful if you have a cat or dog who like to eat and then chew on the food.
Pros of Petnet SmartFeeder (Automated)
You would like many other features of the Petnet SmartFeeder reviews Here.
The notifications! Having the Petnet Smart Automated Pet Feeder is like having a responsible human pet feed. It warns you when your pet is ready to eat and how much food it has eaten. It warns you when the battery is low. It even warns you when the food needs to be replenished.
The app tells you when your pet has eaten along with other great stuffs.
Again in this Petnet Smartfeeder Reviews,the bowl is made of rubber and keeps the food very fresh, no other air-tight container is needed to hold the food. You can also feed your pets manually. So if you think they need another food, just push a button on the app: the One-off Feed.
- The mobile app also gives you a lot of information about your pet’s food activities, including their eating history, feed hours, and how much food they have eaten at each meal. But instead of barking with numbers, the app analyzes the data and tells you whether you’re feeding your pet exactly, or if it’s too low or too high. The app also takes the weight of your pet, activity, race and age to propose a better nutritional plan! No more guesswork on your part and no longer worrying about feeding your beloved spot too much or too little.
- The app has a database of food that you can give your pets, so you can choose the healthiest. Plus, you can forward the food via the app to you! Finally, with all the high tech features, the app actually has everything to understand and make everything intuitive.
- Then there are the little things, like the hopper, which can hold as much as seven pounds of food. This means you have enough food for more than 12 to 16 days without filling. The bowl is also easily removable, making it very easy to clean. The bowl also has a lock that prevents your pets from eating outside your specified feed hours. The delivered portions are quite accurate, unlike our experience with other automated feeders where food sometimes runs in the machine and therefore gives too little food!
Pros of Petnet Smartfeeder reviews
So in summary, here is a list of things that you would like from the Petnet Smart Automated Pet Feeder:
- Smart features are very convenient and give you a greater degree of control!
- The mobile app is very well-made, making it very easy to manage the feed times.
- With the backup lithium-ion battery, the feeder still works for eight hours and feed your pet on time, even in case of power failure. It can also continue to feed even if it can not connect to your Wi-Fi.
- The mobile app gives you a lot of useful information.
- The notifications are very convenient, let you know when your pet has eaten and when the food needs to be replenished.
- The feeder has a good design.
- Things that could be better
Cons of Petnet Smartfeeder review (Things that could be better)
While it is an overall good product, the Petnet SmartFeeder has some disadvantages:
- It is for Apple users only. According to comScore, only 43.3% of Americans own an iOS device. That means that more than half of smartphone users can not benefit from Petnet’s Smart Automated Pet Feeder. So much more, considering that you can only use the feeder if you have an iPhone 5, iPhone 5S, iPhone 5c, iPhone 6, and iPhone 6+, or a device running on iOS 8 or higher.
- There is no possibility to program the feeder without the app.
- It can turn out to be bulky. The Smart Automated Pet Feeder is not intended for small spaces. The base itself requires more than one foot floor area. So if you live in a small apartment or in a tight neighborhood, this feeder takes up a lot of space.
- The mobile app can process only one pet at a time.
Feeders Comparisons (petnet smartfeeder review)
Feed and Go vs. Hoison vs. Petnet Smart Automated Pet Feeder
The Petnet Smart Automated Pet Feeder, Feed and Go Pet Feeder, and the Hoison Smart Feeder are three of the top automated animal feeds out there. So how does the Petnet feeder compare with its closest competiotn?
|Feed and Go Pet Feeder||Hoison Smart Feeder||Petnet Smart Automated Pet Feeder|
|Price||Check here for latest prices||Check here for latest prices||Check here for latest prices|
|Built-in Web cam||Yes||Yes, with microphone and speakers||No|
|Advantages||Can serve dry and wet food.||Offline feeding features||Can automatically allocate the right portions based on the factors enumerated above: no need to constantly program and re-program it.
Dispensing speed may be specified.
|Stored food||6 compartments holding up to 1 cup of food each||4.4lbs (70oz) of food||5 to 7lbs of food|
|Drawbacks||There is no mobile app available for the Feed and Go Pet Feeder, but you can schedule the feedings on their Web site.||mall tray is not ideal for larger dogs, so you have to feed them multiple times a dayApp does not alert you when the battery runs low.||For iOS only.Not ideal for big dogs.|
|Cat and Dog?||Yes||Yes||Yes|
Final Verdict on Petnet SmartFeeder (Automated)
The Petnet Smart Automated Pet Feeder is today one of the best automated pet feeders. If you are serious about keeping your pets healthy and well-fed, this must be the trick.
Much care has been taken in the design of the feeder, and you probably do not find a better designed feeder there. The same level of care and thought is also very easy to use in making the mobile app, while also packing with features and information you need.
It is very clear that the feeder and app are designed with the current animal lovers in mind, so they can easily manage their feeding times, and also make their meals healthier!
Bottom Line: This is perfect for the busy pet lover who has an iPhone and only a pet at home. It gives you the chance to feed your pet with the best food according to its age, weight, variety and activity, and you do not even have to get home to get the kibble. Make sure you check this offer for the latest prices and discounts.